1. Requirements Team (Facilitator, BusinessAnalyst)
Enable the requirements discovery process by:
- Asking relevant questions
- Recording answers provided by SubjectMatter Experts
- Keeping the process moving
- Utilizing effective facilitation anddocumentation skills
- Keeping the discussion focused onobjectives and scope
- Confirming understanding among/withparticipants
2. Business Leader / Project Sponsor
Provide the business vision by:
- Explaining the problem/opportunity
- Defining the vision
- Defining the business objectives
- Determining the measures of success
- Defining high level process andrequirements
3. Business Subject Matter Expert (SME) /Business Team
Define the business context by providing:
- High level scenario description
- System boundaries confirmation(Context Diagram)
- Examples to clarify ambiguity
- Business rules and policies to ensureaccuracy
- Business Activity descriptions
- Future direction for business processes
4. Technical Subject Matter Expert (TSME) /Design Team
Assist the requirements discovery process by:
- Acting as a resource to assist the business in defining the “what” (notthe “how”)
- Providing information on interfacingsystems
- Providing clarity on what the systemdoes today
Check out more Business Analysis Resources
Track IPhone unique and for this reason can you track an iphone without special. I think that information interesting. Remember that. Also you will have no problems.
This list is a good beginning but I don’t think it’s sufficiently detailed/granular.
I’d separate the requirements team roles, i.e. Facilitator, BA, Scribe, because each role is unique and does not overlap with the others. I’d also add the role of Observer, who is there to witness and learn but not to contribute.
I’d also separate the technical roles, i.e. systems analyst, developer, architect.
And on the business side, as well as business owners/SMEs, there can be end user representatives and policy and legal stakeholders.
Each of these roles has a distinct and unique part to play in a requirements workshop.